The sock helper is to compensate for a disability by helping a person to put on socks, stocking or hose without unnecessary bending at the waist or hips.
215 x 180 x 362 mm
EPC painted metal
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
- Place your stock, stocking, or hose inside semi-circle frame and pull the top of the stock, stocking or hose down over the semi-circle. The heel of the sock, stocking or hose must face the back of the sock helper.
- Continue to slide the sock, stocking or hose down over the semi-circle until the heel is centered and eve with the top of the semi-circle. It must be necessary to pull the heel farther down depending on foot and sock, stocking or hose size.
- While sitting, insert your foot into the sock, stocking or hose until your foot is completely on the floor. A helpful tip is to hold the heel pocket against the frame as you slide your toes into the sock, stocking or hose.
- Grasp the handles and gently pull the sock helper and stoking up the leg until the sock, stocking or hose is above calf. Try not to over-stretch the sock, stocking or hose.
- Pull the sock helper backward and down, free of the sock, stocking or hose.
- Be sure the heel of the sock, stocking or hose is properly placed on the foot, then adjust the length and smooth out any wrinkles by stroking and smoothing with the palm of your hand.
- Thigh and waist height stockings can also be donned using the sock helper with the lower leg applied in the same manner as a knee length and then pulling the upper portion into place by hand.
- Periodically inspect for wear and damage.
- If any fault occurs, please contact the supplier from whom you purchased it as soon as possible.
The sock helper is designed for minimum maintenance. It can be wiped clean with a cloth.